Any structure built before 1978 is at risk for containing lead paint. The prevalence of lead paint may impact a buyer’s decision on whether or not to purchase a property. Sellers may have more realistic expectations regarding the sale of their property if they are aware of the implications of lead based paint that may be present on their property. Real estate agents can help to communicate the implications of lead based paint to their clients if they are better educated on the subject.
By the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Define lead abatement and explain why lead based paint is prevalent in buildings prior to 1978.
- Identify and explain the health implications of lead based paint poisoning.
- Describe risks of performing renovations on areas afflicted with lead based paint.
- Explain government regulations that address lead based paint.
- Describe tests available to determine if lead based paint is prevalent in a building.
- Communicate implications of lead based paint to clients.
2.00 Credit Hours
Having fully met the requirements of the Tennessee Division of Real Estate and Professional Licensing, the following course approval has been granted. Provider Approval: #1645. Course Approval: 8019.
1724 Rivergate Terrace
Soddy Daisy, TN 37379